PRE APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS
FOLLOW THE BROW CODE
Here's why it matters:
- By following these do's and don'ts diligently, you not only increase the likelihood of a successful and satisfying brow tattoo but also contribute to the safety and overall effectiveness of the procedure.
The BROW CODE Do's and Don'ts:
- Skin Preparation: Please do not chemically treat brows for 1 week before, the longer the better. (tint, lamination, etc) Avoid chemical peels, abrasions, or ANY invasive treatment for at least 1-3 weeks prior to your visit. NO BOTOX or Cosmetic Fillers for AT LEAST 2 weeks before, the longer the better.
- Hydration: Drink plenty of water. Keeping your skin well-hydrated is essential for a smooth tattooing process. Moisturized skin is less likely to experience excessive dryness or flakiness during the healing period, promoting better color retention.
- Shaping and Grooming: Please no tweezing, waxing or threading brows for at least 3 days prior to your visit.
- Pain Management: Do not take any pain medications like Motrin, Ibuprofen, or Tylenol prior to appointment as this can thin the blood.
- Color Selection: Pay attention to any advice regarding color selection. Choosing a shade that complements your natural brow color and skin tone is crucial for achieving natural-looking results.
- Avoiding Blood Thinners: Don't consume alcohol or blood-thinning medications before your appointment. These can increase bleeding during the procedure and affect the outcome.
- Avoid Caffeine: If instructed, steer clear of caffeine before your appointment. Caffeine can make you more sensitive to pain, which may make the procedure less comfortable. Definitely NO ENERGY DRINKS.
- Moderate Makeup: Feel free to come to your appointment dolled up however, don't wear TOO much makeup on or around your brows on the day of the appointment. Just note your makeup may be removed during procedure.
- Sun Exposure: Don't expose your brow area to excessive sunlight or use tanning beds in the days leading up to your appointment. Sunburned or tanned skin can be more sensitive and prone to complications during tattooing. Flaking skin interferes with ink retention. We will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Avoiding Water Activities: Avoid swimming, saunas, steam rooms, or facials before your appointment.
- Medications: Don't stop any prescribed medications without consulting your healthcare provider. Inform your tattoo artist of any medications you're taking to ensure they can plan the procedure accordingly. No blood thinners.
- Alcohol and Smoking: Avoid alcohol and smoking of any kind before your appointment. Both can have adverse effects on the healing process and color retention.
- Avoid Exercise: Exercise will open pores which will interfere with ink retention and delay procedure.
- Eat something before your appointment. You may bring a snack and water if you like. Remember No soda or coffee.
- Get Comfy. You may bring a jacket or blanket to keep you warm just in case.
FOLLOW ME ON FB & INSTA FOR MORE BROW INSPO@vivebrowstudio