Pre-care is crucial for ensuring a successful and satisfactory outcome. Here are several reasons highlighting the importance of pre-care:
IF YOU ARE SICK, GETTNG SICK, JUST GETTING OVER BEING SICK, ON ANY ANTIBIOTICS AND/OR STEROIDS, HAVE ANY COLD/FLU/ILLNESS SYMPTOMS OF ANY KIND PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT... RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH PROPER NOTICE. THIS NOT ONLY PUTS YOUR TECHNICIAN AND OTHERS AT RISK FOR ILLNESS, BUT GREATLY COMPROMISES THE RESULT IN WHICH YOU CAN EXPECT.
- You are not a candidate for permanent makeup if, you have keloid scaring, are pregnant/nursing, or taking certain blood thinners.
- If you have previous permanent cosmetics in the area you wish to be treated, you must reach out to us directly before scheduling a visit to ensure our ability to correct.
Importance of Following the Don'ts:
- Avoiding Blood Thinners: Don't consume blood-thinning medications before your appointment. This can increase bleeding during the procedure and affect the outcome.
- No Excessive Makeup: Feel free to come to your appointment with your brow makeup done as you normally do, but please wear minimal makeup, if any, otherwise.
- Sun Exposure: Don't expose your brow area to excessive sunlight or use tanning beds in the days leading up to your appointment. Sunburned or tanned skin can be more sensitive and prone to complications during tattooing. Skin may peel and not retain the ink affecting the final outcome and color of brows.
- Avoiding Water & Activities: Avoid swimming, sauna, steam baths, hot tubs, or exercising on the day of your appointment.
- Medications: Don't stop any prescribed medications without consulting your healthcare provider. Inform your tattoo artist of any medications you're taking to ensure they can plan the procedure accordingly.
- Alcohol, Caffeine and Smoking: Avoid alcohol, smoking, caffeine, and energy drinks for 24 hours prior to appointment. These can have adverse effects on the healing process and color retention. Caffeine can make you more sensitive to pain, which may make the procedure less comfortable.
- Brow Maintenance: Please no tweezing, waxing or threading brows for at least 3-5 days prior to your visit.
- Chemical Treatments: Please do not chemically treat brows for 1 week before, the longer the better. (tint, lamination, etc) Avoid chemical peels, abrasions, or ANY invasive treatment for at least 1-3 weeks prior to your visit.
- NO BOTOX or Cosmetic Fillers for AT LEAST 2 weeks before, the longer the better.
- If you have skin irritation or any blemishes within 1 inch of the brows, appointment will likely be rescheduled by technician until completely clear.
- Discontinue Vitamin A and Retinol products for 1 month prior to appointment.
- Discontinue Accutane 12 months prior to appointment.
It is your responsibility to disclose any concerns regarding pre and post care to ensure the best outcome.